Caddo, Oklahoma...
Sunday, October 22, 2017
The antique town on a buffalo trail.

Caddo Civic and Cemetery Club




Caddo Civic and Cemetery Club was organized in 1903, by local women who were disappointed by the lack of care for Gethsemane Cemetery, located east of Caddo. The group was incorporated in 1913. Early contributions to the community also included raising the awareness of city officials to needs such as public sanitation and residential electrical service.

The Civic and Cemetery Club owns and manages the cemetery and has final authority on matters concerning ownership and management of lots and spaces. This group of volunteer women maintains the cemetery records, plans cemetery improvements, and oversees perpetual upkeep of the grounds. They also participate in various activities throughout the year which benefit the community.
 
Their newest accomplishment is a beautiful memorial honoring the founders of their club and the citizens of Caddo who lost their lives in service to their country in one of the branches of military service.

  
 
Improvements, including new roads, are always in progress and the cemetery requires constant maintenance. Donations are appreciated and may be sent to:
 
Civic Club
P.O. Box 224
Caddo, OK 74729
 
 
 
Search for cemetery records in Gethsemane Cemetery, OK at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname